Marquee events are taking center stage in the Gold Coast event industry. People are gradually moving away from hiring hotel venues to hiring marquees. Marquee hire Gold Coast has to offer has many advantages over other venue choices. These advantages include…
- Flexibility when it comes to selection of location.
- No restrictions of the number of attendees since marquees come in a wide range of sizes.
- You get to have complete control of the design of your event when using a marquee.
- Your marquee hire company can supply all the other event requirements including entertainment, decorations, lighting and meals.
So, there is no need to limit yourself to the usual hotel venue when there is a more flexible option that offers greater opportunities.
Hiring a marquee isn’t an easy task. An oversight or a mistake in your choice can spell disaster or simply become a complete flop. It is important that you choose the right marquee and from the right marquee hire Gold Coast company. Having some knowledge about marquee hire can go a long way in helping you make the right decision. This article will tell you what you need to know before hiring a marquee.
Marquees aren’t just for summer
Those that offer marquee hire Gold Coast has today provide equipment to accommodate anything the weather brings. This is to mean that regardless of the weather, your event will kick off as planned. For the colder and rainy days, marquees have heating systems, and your guests will actually not notice if it’s rainy or cold outside. For the hotter dates, the systems have side panels that can be opened to allow cool air in. So you can hire a marquee any time of the year.
Typically, there are three categories of marquees:
- Frame marquees: They are normally rectangular in shape and ideal for small spaces since they require no extra space around them. They don’t have guy ropes and inner poles.
- Traditional marquees: They have inner poles and curved tops. They require extra space around them so they’re ideal for larger venues.
- Alternative frames: They include Kata, tepees, Bedouin, pavilion and Chinese hats. They are ideal for making chill-out zones or porches at large events.
Although marquees can be hired throughout the year, they are on high demand during summer. If your event date falls on the summer season, make your reservation as early as possible. When you contact your preferred company, be sure to ask for:
- Availability of the marquee on your event date
- Availability of other event equipment
- A quote
It is important to get a breakdown of items in the quote for comparison purposes. Marquee hire companies differ in what they include in their prices. Basically, the marquee price will be based on the number of guests as this will determine marquee size, amount of other extras required and transportation costs. A good quote will normally include the following items:
- The marquee